Top 25 Performances
(All by Members of Winning
1. Craig Houck, P, 1978, Roman vs. Egan, 1-0 (8 innings). Pitched
a five-hit shutout and escaped a two-on, no-out jam in the eighth by
retiring the 3-4-5 hitters. No honors.
2. Joe gSpankyh Jenkins, 2B, 1984, Ryan vs Bonner, 8-3. Went
5-for-5 with a double, three RBI and three runs scored. Second team.
3. Mike Fuchs, C, 1996, Carroll vs. La Salle, 11-4. Went 5-for-5
with a triple and five RBI. First team.
4. Jim Vanderslice, C, 1980, Ryan vs. Carroll, 12-4. The No 8
hitter went 2-for-4 with four RBI. No honors.
5. Scott Seifert, LF, 1983, OfHara vs. Egan, 10-6. Went 4-for 5
with three RBI. The Lions overcame a 5-2 deficit in the seventh. Seifert
had two hits in the frame: double and RBI triple. No honors.
6. Ron Brunner, 1B, 1985, Judge vs. St. James, 11-5. Went 3-for-4
with a double and five RBI. No honors.
7. Chris Gies, P, 1985. Judge vs. St. James, 11-5. The soph
pitched 6 2/3 innings of shutout ball in relief. No honors.
8. Matt Fischer, LF, 2007, SJ Prep vs. Ryan. 10-0 (5 innings). The
No. 7 hitter went 2-for-2 with a walk, double and four RBI. No honors.
9. Shawn OfNeill, P, Judge, 1976 vs. OfHara, 7-0. Pitched a
two-hitter and notched his seventh strikeout to end it after OfHara
loaded the bases. First team.
10. Mike Costanzo, 3B, 2002, Carroll vs. La Salle, 16-0. Went
4-for-4 with a homer to center and five RBI. First team INF, second team
11. John Price, P, 1998, Ryan vs. Judge, 6-1 (9 innings). The soph
went the distance, allowing six hits and one walk while fanning 11.
12. Matt Schwartz, DH, 2015, Wood vs. Neumann-Goretti, 3-2. Out of
the 8 hole, went 2-for-3 with a double and all three RBI. No honors.
13. Dave Mastropietro, RF, 1986, North Catholic vs. Neumann, 13-7.
Collected three RBI thanks to two homers. First team.
14. Marty Higgins, LF, 2001, Carroll vs. Kennedy-Kenrick, 8-2.
Went 4-for-4 with two doubles and two RBI. No honors.
15. Dan Kusters, P, 1990, Wood vs. Carroll, 1-0. Allowed two hits
and struck out 11 while becoming just the third pitcher in CL history to
record two playoff shutouts in the same season. First team at 1B
16. Chris Cashman, SS, 2004, Carroll vs. Ryan, 7-3. Due to rain,
this game covered two days. After his foul popup was dropped, he crushed
a grand slam to dead leftfield a few minutes before the skies opened.
17. John Zeglinski, 1B, Ryan, 1974 vs. Bonner, 3-2. Went 4-for-4
with a tying RBI double and a game-winning RBI single. First team.
18. Ken Sanger, 1B, North Catholic vs. Neumann, 13-7. Went 2-for-4
with a homer and four RBI.
19. Danny Quinn, 2B, 1994, La Salle vs. SJ Prep, 11-8. Stroked a
two-run double in a seven-run seventh to finish 3-for-5. No honors.
20. Mark Donato, P, 2009, Neumann-Goretti vs. La Salle, 3-1 (8
innings). Spun a four-hitter with 10 strikeouts and allowed no runs over
the final seven frames. Also went 2-for-3 with one RBI. First team 1B,
second team P.
21. Gerard Oakes, P, 2000, Carroll vs. SJ Prep, 3-0. Whiffed seven
while allowing five hits over 6 2/3 innings. Also went 2-for-2 with a
triple and two RBI. First team as P and OF (MVP).
22. Steve Kusters, P, 1993, Wood vs. Neumann, 2-1. Spun a
three-hitter while notching both RBI with a double and a sacrifice fly.
23. Mike Fuchs, C, 1997, Carroll vs. Judge, 4-2. Broke a 2-2 tie
in the home sixth with a two-run homer to left-center that traveled 400
feet and landed hallway up a fir tree beyond the driveway behind the
fence. Had two hits. First team.
24. Joey Gorman, P, 2011, Neuman-Goretti vs. Bonner, 3-1 (8
innings). Pitched a four-hitter and retired 13 of the final 14 batters.
25. Ken Keser, P, 1973, Judge vs, Carroll. 4-0. Allowed three hits
while striking out seven. First team.